2 T butter
1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 small zucchini, sliced (mandolin did not work well w/this one)
2 small yukon gold potatoes (sliced on #2 w/mandolin slicer)
5 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup shredded provolone
Garnish with dried chives
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. In a 9 in cast iron skillet, over med high heat melt butter & add mushrooms (just remember not to crowd the pan) Cook til brown & remove from heat & set on paper plate to drain. Salt & pepper to taste.
3. Meanwhile, add onions & garlic to skillet & saute for several minutes. Add the zucchini and cook for several more minutes until they begin to soften. Then, add the potatoes & allow them to cook for 5 to 10 mins. They are going to completely cover the bottom so but you are just wanting to warm them so they can begin cooking, they will finish in the oven.
***Be sure to add just a little salt & pepper to taste with each layer, this helps build flavor
4. Crack eggs in a separate bowl & whisk together (seasoned w/salt & pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sunny paris, sweet paprika, cumin)
5. Place mushrooms back in the skillet, spreading them out on top of potatoes, then add cheese & finally eggs.
6. Place skillet in oven & cook for 15 mins or until fork comes out clean. Allow it to rest & ENJOY!! Served w/a salad
No worries, if you don't have a mandolin, you can use thawed shredded potatoes or even diced hash browns..whatever you have if fine.